Terms & Conditions (eCommerce)
Wine Club Membership
- All communications will be done via e-mail.
- Changes to any club shipment; including shipping address, payment details or actual wine, must be sent in writing via email one week prior to release.
- Complimentary delivery within South Africa for order exceeding R2000 in value
- If no correspondence is received from the Member, cancelling their allocation, return shipping fees will be paid by the member.
- Wine will be sent after receipt of successful payment.
- Any faulty or damaged wine will either be replaced or refunded (at the discretion of the customer and pursuant to confirmation of fault or damage by ourselves) with the current vintage and shipped with our compliments.
- Cancellation may be done in writing one week prior to my shipment. Failure to cancel your order prior to shipment may result in restocking fees.
- Terre Paisible (Pty) Ltd is a business in the wine and olive oil production and sales and hospitality industry.
- Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within one working day and delivery confirmed by email with. (for e.g. booking number / booking voucher etc. and must mention the use of courier and/or postal services and associated costs, if applicable.)
- The offering on this website is available to South African clients only.
- Average delivery times: 3-5 working day. Delays may occur.
Return and Refunds policy
- The provision of goods and services by Terre Paisible (Pty) Ltd, is subject to availability.
- In cases of unavailability of ordered product, Terre Paisible will refund the client in full within 30 days.
- Cancellation of orders by the client will attract an administration fee. Damaged goods during transit will be replaced with the similar or exact vintage (when available) at the expence of Terre Paisible.
- Late Delivery: The Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (“ECT Act”) entitles you to cancel your purchase with 7 days’ notice if the products you have purchased are not delivered within the agreed delivery period as specified in our terms and conditions. The product(s) in question must be returned to The Supplier in their original state, including all labels. Any such cancellation must be done by e-mail: info@TerrePaisible.com. The Supplier will then refund you within 30 days after date of such notification.
- Terre Paisible (Pty) Ltd. shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
- Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, EFT, Zapper and Snapscan
Card acquiring and security
- Card transactions will be acquired for Terre Paisible via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
- Customer details will be stored by Terre Paisible (Pty) Ltd. separately from card details which are entered by the client on PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
- The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
- Terre Paisible (Pty) Ltd takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution and delivery of goods.
Country of domicile
- This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and Terre Paisible chooses this as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
- Company Physical Address: Vigne D’Or, R301, Wemmershoek Road, Franschhoek
- Terre Paisible (Pty) Ltd. may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
- This website is run by Terre Paisible and with registration number
Terre Paisible contact details
- Company Physical Address: Vigne D’Or, R301, Wemmershoek Road, Franschhoek
- Email: info@Terre Paisible.com
- Telephone: 021 867 0412
General Website Terms & Conditions
Website Terms and Conditions of Use Relating to Terre Paisible.com (And all sub-domains)
These Terms and Conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”) govern your (“the User”) use of the Terre Paisible (“Provider”) website located at the domain name Terre Paisible.com (“the Website”). By accessing and using the Website, the User agrees to be bound by the Terms and Conditions set out in this legal notice. The User may not access, display, use, download, and/or otherwise copy or distribute Content obtained on the website for marketing and other purposes without the consent of the Provider.
Acceptance of Terms: The Supplier permits the use of this Website subject to these terms and conditions (“the Terms and Conditions”). By using this Website in any way, you shall be deemed to have accepted all the Terms and Conditions unconditionally. You must not use this Website if you do not agree to the Terms and Conditions. In the event of any conflict between the Terms and Conditions and any other conditions stipulated elsewhere, including in one of our Suppliers, the Terms and Conditions as contained herein will prevail.
Use of the Website: The contents of this Website, including any content, information, software, icons, text, links, graphics, lay-outs, images, sound clips, trade names, logos, trademarks and service marks are protected by law, including but not limited to copyright and trade mark law, and are owned by or licensed to The Supplier. No license to or right in any of such contents is granted to or conferred upon you. Any unauthorized use, distribution or reproduction of the said contents is prohibited.
By entering this Website, you agree that you will not use any device, software or other instrumentality to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Website and that you will not take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. In addition, you agree that you will not use any robot, spider, other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy the pages of the Website or the content contained herein, without the prior written consent from an authorized The Supplier representative (such consent is deemed given for standard search engine technology employed by Internet search websites to direct Internet users to this Website). You may not use the Website to distribute material which is defamatory, offensive, and unlawful or contains hate speech.
By using this Website or communicating with the Provider by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communication satisfies any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be in writing.
E-Commerce & Privacy
The Website Terre Paisible.com sells Alcoholic Beverages as well as Food Products, namely wine and olive oil online. The use of any product or service bought from this Website is at the purchaser’s risk. The purchaser/user indemnifies and holds the Provider harmless against any loss, injury or damages which may be sustained as a result of using the products sold on the Website.
The private information required for executing the orders placed through the e-commerce facility, namely the User’s personal information and credit card details, delivery address and telephone numbers will be kept in the strictest confidence by the Provider and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information, that is the delivery address and contact phone number will be made known to third parties delivering the product. Credit card details are not kept by the Provider under any circumstances.
The Provider cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User’s electronic device (Personal Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on his/her device.
The Provider will supply all goods to the delivery company in good order. The Provider will not be held liable for the condition of goods arriving at the User’s chosen delivery address.
The private information required for executing the orders placed through the e- commerce facility, namely the User’s personal information and credit card details, delivery address and telephone numbers will be kept in the strictest confidence by the Provider and not sold or made known to third parties. Only the necessary information, that is the delivery address and contact phone number will be made known to third parties delivering the product. Credit card details are not kept by the Provider under any circumstances. The Provider cannot be held responsible for security breaches occurring on the User’s electronic device (Personal Computer or other electronic device used to browse the Website), which may result due to the lack of adequate virus protection software or spyware that the User may inadvertently have installed on his/her device.
Linked third party Website and Third Party Content
This Website may contain links or references to other websites outside of our control, including those of advertisers. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those websites and The Supplier is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy policies of those sites or the cookies those sites use. In addition, because The Supplier has no control over such external sites and resources, you acknowledge and agree that The Supplier is not responsible for ensuring the availability of such external websites or resources and does not endorse and is not responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from such websites or resources. Your use of such other websites is entirely at your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of such other websites or your reliance on any information contained on those websites.
Refund and Return Policy
The provision of goods and services is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, the provider will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of orders by the client will attract a 10% charge for administration costs.
The Provider reserves the right to cancel an order for which payment has already been received. This may occur if stock is insufficient or the quality of goods ordered does not meet the Provider’s standards. Should the Provider exercise this right, the User will receive a full refund with no deductions.
Any complaints regarding the standard and quality of the product or products bought by consumers through the e-commerce facility should be directed to the Terre Paisible Marketing Manager, at info@Terre Paisible.com.
Please add the following:
- the reason for the return;
- the date the product(s) were purchased and the date the product(s) was delivered
including a reference number or proof of purchase;
- the banking details for the refund (if applicable);
- do not return the product without written approval of The Supplier.
- The supplier will either arrange collection of the return product(s) or give you instructions of how the product(s) may be returned.
If the product is found NOT to be faulty or damaged, you will NOT be entitled to any replacement or refund but will instead be liable for the costs incurred in having such product returned to The Supplier and then redelivered to you.
Updating of these Terms and Conditions
Provider reserves the rights to change, modify, add or remove from portions or the whole of these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Changes to these Terms and Conditions will become effective upon such changes being posted to this Website. It is the User’s obligation to periodically check these Terms and Conditions at the Website for changes or updates. The User’s continued use of this Website following the posting of changes or updates will be considered notice of the User’s acceptance to abide by and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, including such changes or updates.
Permission for Hyperlinks, Deep Linking, Crawlers and Metatags
Nobody may establish a hyperlink, frame, metatag or similar reference, whether electronically or otherwise (collectively referred to as linking), to this Website or any subsidiary pages before receiving the prior written approval of an authorised representative of The Supplier, which may be withheld or granted subject to such conditions The Supplier may specify from time to time. Furthermore, this Website or any part hereof may not be “framed” or “deep linked” in any way whatsoever. This Website may from time to time contain message boards which allow users to comment on their experience at The Supplier. At times those comments may contain references to matters not related to The Supplier. Those references do not necessarily represent the views of The Supplier.
Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights
Provider provides certain information at the Website. Content currently or anticipated to be displayed at this Website is provided by Provider, its affiliates and/or subsidiary, or any other third party owners of such content, and includes but is not limited to Literary Works, Musical Works, Artistic Works, Sound Recordings, Cinematograph Films, Sound and Television Broadcasts, Program-Carrying Signals, Published Editions and Computer Programs (“the Content”). All such proprietary works, and the compilation of the proprietary works, are copyright the Provider, its affiliates or subsidiary, or any other third party owner of such rights (“the Owners”), and is protected by South African and international copyright laws. The Providers reserve the right to make any changes to the Website, the Content, or to products and/or services offered through the Website at any times and without notice. All rights in and to the Content is reserved and retained by the Owners. Except as specified in these Terms and Conditions, the User is not granted a license or any other right including without limitation under Copyright, Trademark, Patent or other Intellectual Property Rights in or to the Content.
Limitation of liability
The Website and all Content on the Website, including any current or future offer of products or services, are provided on an “as is” basis, and may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Owners make no warranty or representation as to the availability, accuracy or completeness of the Content. Neither Provider nor any holding company, affiliate or subsidiary of Provider, shall be held responsible for any direct or indirect special, consequential or other damage of any kind whatsoever suffered or incurred, related to the use of, or the inability to access or use the Content or the Website or any functionality thereof, or of any linked website, even if Provider is expressly advised thereof.
Limitation of Liability
THE SUPPLIER SHALL IN NO WAY BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES WHICH MIGHT ARISE FROM YOUR USE OF, OR RELIANCE UPON, ANY MATERIAL OR CONTENT CONTAINED IN THE WEBSITE OR ANY LINKED WEBSITE, OR ANY INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, OR ANY UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY ON THE WEBSITE CAUSED BEYOND THE REASONABLE CONTROL OF THE SUPPLIER.
YOU HEREBY INDEMNIFY THE SUPPLIER AGAINST ANY LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED BY YOURSELF OR ANY THIRD PARTY ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM YOUR USE OF THIS WEBSITE OR THE RECEIPT BY YOU OF AN ELECTRONIC MAIL FROM THE SUPPLIER OR ONE THAT PURPORTS TO EMANATE FROM THE SUPPLIER, UNLESS THE LOSS, CLAIM OR DAMAGE ARISES AS A RESULT OF THE GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF THE SUPPLIER.
The Supplier may in its sole discretion terminate, suspend and modify this Website and/or your use of this Website, with or without notice to you. You agree that The Supplier will not be liable to you in the event that it chooses to suspend, modify or terminate this Website or your use of this Website.
Privacy: casual surfing
The User may visit the Website without providing any personal information. The Website servers will in such instances collect the IP address of the User computer, but not the email address or any other distinguishing information. This information is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent at the Website, pages viewed, etc. Provider uses this information to determine use of the Website, and to improve Content thereon. Provider assumes no obligation to protect this information, and may copy, distribute or otherwise use such information without limitation.
Choice of Law
This Website is controlled, operated and administered by Provider from its offices within the Republic of South Africa. Access to the Website from territories or countries where the Content or purchase of the products sold on the Website is illegal is prohibited. The User may not use this Website in violation of South African export laws and regulations. If the User accesses this Website from locations outside of South Africa, that User is responsible for compliance with all local laws. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa, and the User consents to the jurisdiction of the Witwatersrand High Court in the event of any dispute. If any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions are found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be enforced to the maximum extent permissible so as to give effect to the intent of these Terms and Conditions, and the remainder of these Terms and Conditions shall continue in full force and effect. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between the Provider and the User with regard to the use of the Content and this Website.